Summer Time

Summer, 2013

It has been another summer in Texas. Hot, humid and not a lot of hunting. I have managed eliminating a few hogs, but mostly I have been fishing. It is a lot easier to endure the heat when you are standing in water.
 
We have kept the feeders full all summer, and I started work on some blinds this past weekend. After sweating every ounce of fluids out, I decided that it may be a little early to start thinking about hunting. I did see quite a few does with babies and one bachelor group of eleven bucks. There is still a little work to do on a new bow blind, and one of our box blinds is in desparate need of a new floor. Hopefully I can get this knocked out in the next few weeks.
 
I am anxiously awaiting dove season. It opens on September 20th, and I think we have our hunt lined up that morning. I am booked to go on a West Texas mule deer hunt in October, and I have glimpsed quite a bruiser whitetail I may be chasing in DeWitt County. Its starting to be that time of the year again, so knock the dust off those shotguns, rifles and bows and get ready.
 










 
 
Until next time...
 
Happy Hunting,
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment