Happy Birthday Dad

Today my dad is one year younger. I guess we are together a lot more than most fathers and sons. At a very young age, he started cultivating my passion for hunting, fishing, camping and just enjoying the outdoors. I remember going deer hunting with him when I was small enough to stretch out and sleep on the floor of a 4'x4' box blind. He took me on my first camping trip when I was a few weeks old.

And to this day we still hunt together and play with our cows quite a bit. I make a lot of quick day trips back home to haul hay, build fence, hunt or help with anything I can. I also have been working for him for the past few years which has been a great opportunity for me to learn more about him and the business he loves.

Here are a few pictures of our times together. If you see him around, give him a slap on the back and wish him a happy birthday.


When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first.
                                                      -- Ernest Hemingway

Argentina 2010

Argentina 2010

Argentina 2010

Argentina 2011 - too many shots

Argentina 2011

Argentina 2011

Argentina 2011

Argentina 2011

Argentina 2011

Argentina 2010

South Texas Quail

South Texas Quail

South Texas Quail

South Texas Dove

South Texas Dove

Mexico Dove

Mexico Dove

Mexico Dove

Headed to Uvalde for Dove

Frac Job

Frac Job
 
Wekeep our memories in the same place we bury dogs and pals who are no longerwith us. We keep these treasures in the vaults that hold the sights of geesepitching into a set of field decoys and quail buzzing out of a brushy corner bya split-rail fence. And when the time comes when it’s easier to remember oldtimes than to gather up new ones, it is to this place that we go, you and I, towatch for the flight at sunset.
                                                                                     – Steve Smith
 
 
 
Happy Birthday Dad.
 

 
Happy Hunting,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment