October Wrap-Up

October, 2012

Various places around South Texas.

 
Just realized I hadn't put together a new post in a while, so here is an October summary. October is bow season for Texas, and over the past few years, I have started to primarily bow hunt. The necessary attention to detail and intensity of being so close to wild animals gets in your blood. I practice a lot in my backyard. I am usually pretty consistent, but every now and then I let one fly a bit wild. I appreciate my neighbors not getting mad at me yet for the mysterious holes in their fence.
 

 
 
The first weekend of October I was in the bow blind in Yoakum. It was hot. Not much moved. That is one of the problems with hunting the bow season in South Texas. It's usually 85-95 degrees, and you have to wear full body camo. I don't think there is a scent killer on the market that can cover up that much sweat.
 
The second weekend of October, my wife and I had our baby girl, Sawyer, dedicated at church. She has been a blessing to us, and she is a blast to hang out with. I can't wait until she can go hunting and fishing with me.
 
 
 
The third weekend of bow season October I was not in the stand again. We made the trip to College Station to watch the Ags make a great effort against the kitty cats of LSU.
 

 
 
Last weekend of October... Back in the blind. My father-in-law, brother-in-law and I headed down to Laredo to hunt for a long weekend. It was a fun weekend with a good little cold front blowing in Friday morning. Killing deer was just not in the cards for us though. I did, however, shoot my first coyote with a bow. I stuck him at 33 yards but unfortunately did not get any pictures of the kill.
 


My good luck beard didn't pan out.

Father-in-law's big kill for the weekend.




 
 
That wraps up October. I did get the chance to be in the bow blind last weekend, but there was not much happening. Now that we are into hunting season, I will try and get a few more posts up. Until next time...
 
 
Happy Hunting,
 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment