Time in the Blind

November 3 & 10, 2012

Yoakum, Texas

The past couple of Saturdays I have had the chance to get in the blind. The acorn crop in Dewitt & Lavaca Counties has really effected the way deer are moving and feeding. Our feeders will usually have 10-15 deer at them every morning and afternoon, and this year we are seeing 1 or 2.
 
Once the acorns have soured, rotted, frozen, I think we will start seeing a lot more deer showing up to the corn. I hunted my bow blind the mornings of November 3rd and 10th. Both sittings I only saw 1 doe.
 

Game Face On
With the lack of success at the feeders, I decided to go scout the oak trees some. I found a few trails coming into a water source surrounded by oaks and set up for my Saturday evening hunt. I utitlized an old blind sitting by the tank. After running out the wasps, spiders and testing the rotten floor, I was ready to hunt... I just couldn't move around too much or I would fall through the floor.
 
I ended up seeing a couple of bucks and listened to the Ags BTHObama, WHOOP. It was a very enjoyable hunt. 
 
My view for the Aggie game.


 
On Sunday the 12th, Tara had a shopping trip planned, so Sawyer and I hung out all day. We did all the fun things like watching football and playing with Lori.
 

 
I hope to get back in the blind over Thanksgiving and hopefully the deer will be moving a little more. So, until next time...
 
 
Happy Hunting,
 


No comments:

Post a Comment